- What-if analysis: solving financing and investing problems
Goals: Understand the meaning of what-if analysis and the tools available in the spreadsheet; learn how to use the main financial functions in Excel to solve financing and investing problems.
• Introduction to financial functions
• Financial functions: PMT, FV
• Naming cells and ranges
• Paste command options (Transpose)
• Introduction to what-if analysis
• Goal seek
- Data analysis with the spreadsheet
Goals: Understand the logic and practical use of some tools of the spreadsheet to manage text and analyze data.
• Text functions: RIGHT, LEFT, MID, CONCATENATE, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, LEN, SEARCH
• Statistical functions: COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS
• Pivot tables and pivot charts
• Data validation
- Date and time management with the spreadsheet (Traditional classroom)
Goals: Understand how to manage dates and times in Excel and how to use the related functions, understand how to protect data in Excel.
• Managing time with the spreadsheet
• Formulas with dates and times, normalization
• Date & Time functions: DAY, MONTH, YEAR, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND, WEEKDAY, TODAY, NOW, DATE, DATEDIF
• IFERROR function
- Lookup & Reference functions, protection, macros (Traditional classroom)
Goals: Get to know Lookup & Reference functions.
• Lookup & Reference functions: VLOOKUP, MATCH, RANK.EQ
• Worksheet, workbook and file protection